- "Rome wasn't built in a day"
- "from the smallest acorn mighty oaks grow"
- "Many a slip 'twixt cup and lip"
- "If you don't ask, you don't get"
- and even "God helps those who help themselves"
And here are some classical oft-repeated sayings which have become part of our culture:
- from Confucious, followed by Mao Tse Cheung: "The longest journey starts with a single step"
- from Aesop's fable, The Tortoise and the Hare: "Slow and steady wins the race"
- and from the poet Robert Burns: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again"
Here's an impressive Tweet from @WMoss. I found it on Clipboard:
Join Best-Reviewer.com with Gloriousconfusion as your referrer!